The school has put together a release announcing these and some other changes you’ll see on football Saturdays this year. There’s nothing revolutionary here (no new tailgating policy, for example), but some nice, small enhancements.
Oh, there is one thing that will affect a lot of fans: the Dawg Walk is officially moved back to 1 hour and 50 minutes before kickoff. It used to be 90 minutes prior to kickoff, but that had been sliding lately. Now it’s official. If you want to see and participate in the Dawg Walk, be down at the Tate Plaza 2 hours before kickoff. (That means that the first Dawg Walk of the season will start at 2:40 p.m. for the South Carolina game.)
The other changes include:
- A hotline to assist with parking and directions (active only during home football dates.)
- New ticket scanning procedures for fans and students.
- Concessions deals and locations of vendors in Sanford Stadium. They also claim that the “number of hawkers/vendors has been increased significantly,” so it should be easier to get a drink from your seat.
- Misting stations at three locations. These will be in place for at least the first three home games.
- Closed-Captioned boards have been installed to help both the hearing-impaired and those of us who wondered what the heck the ref just said.
There are a few other little things, so click through to check them out.